Senior (Medior) Governance & Responsible Investment Advisor
Are you passionate about corporate governance and responsible investment and want to contribute to positive change at investee companies through stewardship, engagement and voting? Apply now and join our dynamic team with entrepreneurial colleagues and lead exciting governance and responsible investment projects across asset classes.
By joining Kempen Responsible Investment team you will support our ambition to
1) Unlock value by helping clients and portfolio teams to integrate Environmental Social and Governance (ESG) factors in their investment policies, decisions and processes.
2) Focus on long-term sustainable investing and stewardship to preserve wealth for future generations and contribute to the world worth living in.
In this role you will work with different businesses including investment management and client solutions. Responsibilities working with Kempen Investment Management:
- Development and integration of ESG and stewardship policies and activities throughout organization
- Coordination of active ownership activities with the investment teams:
- Coordination of Governance related direct and collaborative engagements (e.g. PRI, Eumedion, CIO Exchange)
- Coordination of (proxy) voting activities, ensuring collaborative decision making with portfolio managers
- Oversight over litigation activities
- Contributing to innovation on emerging ESG themes
- Development of content for annual report, PRI report, client specific reports
- Representing Kempen in various ways, including in client presentations, speaking at conferences and in working groups
- Staying abreast of latest regulatory developments in the Netherlands and EU on sustainable finance and governance related topics
Responsibilities working with Client Solutions
- Advisory role to Account CIO’s and clients on governance and proxy voting related topics
- Participation in client presentations, board education sessions on ESG topics
Who are we looking for?
- 7+ years’ work experience with a corporate or asset manager or asset owner
- Master in Economic, Finance, Ecology, Business Administration, Earth Sciences, Sustainable/International Development or similar
- Excellent comprehension of the English language, both verbally and in writing. Fluency verbally and in writing in the Dutch language is strongly preferred.
- Deep knowledge of corporate governance and broader responsible investment issues in the Netherlands, Europe and Internationally
- Strong competencies in policy development & implementation
- Structured worker, output driven. Deadline aware, ability to work accurately under pressure
- Track record in active ownership
- Knowledge on our key engagement themes (governance, anti-corruption, climate change, human rights, labour rights)
- Strong communication and presenting skills
Kempen is a leading boutique investment bank with a strong focus on core sectors including Real Estate, Life Sciences & Healthcare, Financial Institutions & FinTech, Infrastructure and Benelux corporates. Our Corporate Finance (M&A), Equity Capital Markets and Debt Advisory teams totaling 50 professionals operate out of our headquarters in Amsterdam whereas our Securities teams operate out of New York, London, Brussels and Amsterdam.
Kempen is part of Van Lanschot Kempen, the oldest bank in the Netherlands and listed at Euronext Amsterdam.
What do we offer?
We provide an excellent and challenging work environment where you can contribute to positive change in the world through stewardship, exercising voting rights and engagement with companies and other stakeholders on sustainability issues. You will be able to develop and implement our governance and responsible investment policies and lead engagement with companies on our focus themes together with portfolio managers. Sustainability and long term stewardship is fully integrated at Kempen and is part of how we do business. Responsible Investment team, reporting directly to the CIO, is an exciting place to grow and develop your career as a responsible investment and governance specialist.
Please apply for this job using the ‘application’ button. For further details, please contact Ingrid Bosch at Ingrid.firstname.lastname@example.org.