Business Development Analyst - London, UK
The Business Development Analyst of KCM is directly responsible for supporting the Business Development team and other colleagues as required in relation to all marketing and sales activities in the London office in order to achieve the commercial goal in terms of clients, assets-under-management, and revenues. Specifically, the Business Development Analyst is responsible for:
- Assisting in the sales process, interacting and assisting colleagues as necessary, in order to convert qualified prospects into clients including researching prospective clients in advance of meetings.
- Identifying the requirements of UK pension schemes in terms of their potential interest in fiduciary management. Facilitate access for colleagues to databases that can help with getting a better understanding of the market.
- Assist in the creation of innovative presentations/materials that will stand out in a competitive environment, whilst adhering to the company's visual standards.
- Managing the CRM database;
- Helping to maintain the CRM database as the central location for all information we hold regarding both clients and prospects.
- Representation from the UK office on projects that are ongoing with the main aim of having the correct information in there.
- Working with Marketing to reach all necessary contacts in compliance with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Working with Marketing to run event related campaigns
- Generate management information reports in Salesforce on the activities of the UK office, prospect insights, and events.
- Help finalise tender/proposal responses bringing together input from across different parts of the business.
- Participate in pre- and post-tender activity e.g. win/loss debriefs, developing storyboard presentations, providing feedback to pitch rehearsals.
- Guiding interns that do their work experience in the Kempen London office. Make the wider team aware of their presence and ensure they are working on a challenging project.
- Complying with all Kempen’s policies and procedures.
Who are we looking for?
We are looking for a professional candidate that has a continuous drive to learn and develop. A team player, a good communicator and is self-motivated. Someone that does not fear a challenge, and is not afraid to make mistakes. Someone that enjoys doing things for the first time and does not get scared doing something without prior experience.
The successful candidate will be of junior/medium level and fulfil most of the following criteria:
- Knowledge of the UK market
- The ability to be comfortable in people’s company, to meet people easily, to mingle freely
- The ability to recognise and create opportunities to work more efficient and to implement this. Liaising with the London business and the CRM team in Amsterdam
- Being able to amalgamate multiple data sources
- Being able to derive key action points from a discussion
- Understanding the importance of client databases and an eye for detail
- Past experience of working with CRM systems (preferable)
Kempen is a unique, specialist asset management company – a star player in its niche markets. Our strategy is simple: we focus on delivering stellar investment returns for our clients. Our sharp investment vision has led us to a select group of strategies that place us among the top of our international league in small caps and real estate, but also high-yield stocks, fixed income and funds of hedge funds. Our fiduciary management team of experts – one of the largest in the Netherlands – acts as the alternative investment arm for pension funds and insurance companies from around the world. We serve institutional investors such as pension funds and insurance companies from our offices in Amsterdam, London and Edinburgh. And our investment funds have been rewarded for their star performances by such prestigious rating organizations as Morningstar and Lipper. Our clients’ goals are our goals, which is why Kempen and our employees invest in our funds right along with you.
The Business Development team is responsible for sales and marketing within the UK working closely with the Institutional Relations team in Amsterdam. This covers a broad range of responsibilities including:
- Building relationships with potential clients
- Participating and managing selection exercises
- Marketing ourselves externally to potential clients, including amongst others the production of marketing collateral, managing both internal and external events
- Managing the CRM database covering existing clients and prospective clients
What do we offer?
We offer you a position in an entrepreneurial, dynamic, challenging environment. You will immediately gain substantial responsibility and value will be placed on your ability to form and express your own opinion. We offer a combination of commercial and analytical challenges and support our employees to deliver superior results. Kempen & Co offers excellent primary and secondary working conditions, training on the job and career opportunities.
Interested? Apply now! For further information you can contact Hannah Cox on +44 (0)203 636 9400 or send an email to email@example.com.